I turned 25 last month, so I wanted to share the wealth of things I’ve learned – one for every year:
- Crying will lead to food. Unfortunately, this no longer works.
- Walking and talking.
- I assume I was potty-trained then. Very valuable life skill indeed.
- Speaking English.
- I suddenly have a sister. Interesting.
- They want me to speak German in Kindergarten in Germany.
- Riding a bike.
- Reading and writing.
- Going to the library by myself.
- Inline skating.
- Biking to school by myself.
- Not all friendships are forever. Sometimes people suddenly annoy you.
- Puberty is even worse when it’s your sister.
- Picking a country I might like to spend a year in.
- Travelling with friends instead of parents.
- Rules for PDA in German and American High School are exact opposites.
- There is less sugar in German food, compared to American food.
- The Dutch are simultaneously laid-back and efficient.
- Navigating a complex subway system as part of daily life.
- Knitting socks.
- Putting in an IV.
- Speaking French somewhat properly.
A more figurative version will follow soon!